“I know everything about my business, but I suck at explaining it!”Let’s face it; you want a lot more help than a facelift. Meet custom decks.
HOW DOES PRICING WORK?
I know this is what you care about.
For younger founders, I might appear expensive, but value is relative.
You aren't just getting a deck; I'll help you figure out what is missing in your business model.
Only the founder will consult you. I can't find people who know enough to do it for me
This service is not a factory. It takes as long as it takes. If you work hard we can be done in a week and you'll have a lot of confidence when pitching investors.
I have developed a very structured methodology, but it's still a lot of work. There is a minimum fee for a custom deck. This is for 12 slides, which is enough to get your message across. For additional slides, there is a per slide charge so my time is respected.
- Base charge €3,000. This is 12 slides including the cover and closing slide
- For additional slides it is €150
As an example, a 17 page deck is €3,250.
I charge €1,500 (Via Stripe) up front and the remainder upon completion.
I've done a lot of decks. Decks end up 17-24 slides. I would guess a mean of 18 (I never try make more slides than needed).
TELL ME ABOUT CUSTOM DECKS
Perfect Pitch Deck is a fail safe for founders to ensure their decks look professional and the content is clear and sells. But getting to the core fundamentals of your startup and what you are actually doing in the first place is really hard and it takes a lot of time!
The reality is that 90% of our work is custom. This means that we take the time to understand your business model, to challenge assumptions and then to be able to pitch your startup ourselves to uncover your real voice, to tell your real story.
To be able to do this requires so much knowledge that only the founder, Alexander Jarvis, does the custom decks (End to end). In fact, he is the one that does each free audit to ensure the feedback is meaningful and not cosmetic.
The vast majority of our clients aren’t n00bs. It’s weird, but most have raised over $25m for previous ventures. You can imagine they aren’t dumb folks, so the standard of our work has to be high. But it also goes to show that serial (and successful founders) still struggle with decks.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT TO DESIGN AND CONTENT SERVICE
The +content service deals with the deck you have made already and makes it better.
The problem is that this is often like polishing a turd. It’s painfully obvious that what is actually meant to be communicated, simply isn’t at all. New slides have to be done, but more so, the entire narrative needs to be changed. Improving a deck is comparatively a walk in the park to having to understand your business model first, to know how you’re doing it all wrong.
With the custom service, your entire deck is redone. Sure, we may use content from old slides, but we literally start from scratch from a narrative point of view.
IS IT REALLY THAT HARD? CAN'T MY FRIEND HELP ME?
Yes, it’s really hard and no your friend can’t help. Hey there, it’s Alexander. The reality is I’m a huge business nerd and have been studying this stuff for a decade.
In the words of a founder I did a deck for that sold his last startup for a rumored billion Dollars “I honestly can’t believe how quickly you figured out our business model!”
So, I can tell you I’m the best around, or you can make a call yourself.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Let me make this simple with no fancy language.
- I invoice you €1500, provide a Dropbox link and a link to book calls whenever you want
- You upload all your relevant information (Deck, logos, images) so I can do my homework. I read faster than you can talk
- We book a 3 hour onboarding call so I can understand your business model, industry, go to market plan etc so I can pitch your business myself
- I teach you how the fundraising process works. We then go through examples of decks and my proprietary template structure so you learn exactly what your deck will end up like
- We start writing your outline. I give you homework to write your ‘fuck you list’ and fill out the ‘Dot-dash narrative outline’ as well as some areas of research that need to be looked into in more detail (Like getting your marketing person to provide numbers)
- We do calls till we finish the narrative of the slides and fill in the supporting content (You may have to do more research)
- I do the deck in about 5 hours
- You check and then raise!
- You pay the final amount
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE AND HOW DO WE WORK TOGETHER?
I always make a few things really clear before we start on a custom deck.
- The founders are always the bottleneck. The faster you can put knowledge in my head, the faster we can get it done
- A real example of a time line is start on Friday and have it done by Monday night. You need to be working over the weekend, obviously 😉 The founders had that deadline
- I do not disappear and ‘just do it for you.’ We collaborate on the deck together. The deck will be crap otherwise
- You are the industry expert, not me
- You need to have the content and answers written, in your head, or research it. I channel your genius and filter it into a clear message
- The deck is variably priced but I’ll never ever encourage you to do more slides than you really need to. I’m not slick
Join the pitch deck thinking course
Join and get 11 daily emails on the key topic no one talks about